Tuesday, August 06, 2013

Wanderlust

I'm thankful that this is my year to travel.

I know everyone seems to be complaining that i'm driving/flying off somewhere every other week. But...give me a break! :P

I believe i'm making up for all the travelling I haven't done for the past 22 years of my life. It's better to start now, while I still have the freedom!

I love the idea of visiting different countries. The idea of going in the plane still in Malaysia, but landing in a totally new place. Although I complain about the packing, it's quite exciting packing and mentally preparing my outfit for every single day. I know I tend to over pack too, but it's better to be safe than sorry!

Wanderlust is the exact word to describe me now.

Although most of my travelling is confined to within Malaysia (nothing wrong with that), my top two destinations this year thus far had to be Singapore...and France! *squeeeeals*

side note: Pangkor was just as memorable. However, it was not because of the location but my friends who made it worth remembering. Much love for you guys! :)


Before this year, i've been to Singapore twice. Once with my college friends. Another time with Shereena & Yao Yun - we crammed USS and the Harry Potter exhibition in 2 days!

However, when I was planning for my 4 day trip there this year, I had several MUST visits in mind. It wasn't for the shopping  (which everyone kept bugging me to do. :P) but it was just to visit Singapore's tourist destinations. Being a tourist is fun. ;)

Blogged about my Singapore trip here.


I'm not one who usually blogs/review food but I have to say that this Ramen is pretty good! *sluuurps*

Sadly, I don't remember the name. Looks good doesn't it?






The next highlight had to be France of course!

I was asked to cover Airbus Fly Your Ideas 2013. It's a biennial competition held in France for college/university students. They are required to come up with innovative designs or creations to help model the future of airlines. We not only got to cover the competition, but Airbus representatives took us around to visit their HQ & gave us insights into their organization.

We spent most of our days in Toulouse, only staying in Paris one night.

Plus, our Malaysian team made it to the finals! Although they didn't clinch the grand prize, i'm still really proud of them! :)

First and only time having business class meal. 



Our hotel is right in the middle of two busy restaurants! 
Capitole


With the Malaysian team!

Impressionist paintings in a museum.

Friends that made this trip much more memorable!
History of Toulouse on the ceiling.


The food in France is just exquisite. It taste as GOOD as it looks! Mmhmm :)

I was in food coma most of the time because they kept feeding us 3 course meals. On top of that, they had super duper yummy finger food at places we visited. I was never hungry there. That's for sure.

Our lunch box before the Grand Finals!
The inside!




Hotel breakfast!

Lunch is served!
Tell me...how to resist this? :P
Appetizer - Salmon with vegetables.


Main course - Duck!

Dessert - Watermelon sorbet on top a later of biscuit.

I wished I could have spent more time in Paris though. I only got to see the Eiffel Tower but that's already a dream come true. 

So blessed! :)


My hotel room in Paris!



I'll be back someday!

As i'm posting this. i'm getting ready to leave for Australia this afternoon! After years of planning, i'm finally stepping foot into The Land Down Under. 

Melbourne, here I come! :)

No comments: