Monday, July 30, 2012

The butterfly.


In life, we're always chasing after something we cannot get. The universe manages to screw things up so badly that we're constantly wanting something that doesn't belong to us.

Some people get lucky. In fact, some people get lucky countless of times that it's almost unfair to the rest of us who have nothing.

But at the end of the day, who are we to control what's given to us or what's taken away from us?

Just like a butterfly, you'll creep up on me. Slowly taunting me with the colours on your tiny wings. You are intriguing. Although you reveal so little, that mystery beckons me. You'll flutter close, and as soon as my hand reaches out, you'll fly away as fast as possible. Then I'm left with nothing. Nothing but empty promises, wishes and heartache.

Just as quickly as you flutter away, you will come back and haunt me again. And then the whole cycle repeats itself. It's a mystery to why I allow myself to go through the same situation again.

But its time to let you fly, fly off to a different land. A land where I don't belong. A land where you'll find what you are looking for.

And then I'll let go of you. All the memories. All the thoughts in my head I wished i've said to you. All the turbulence you put me through.

The toughest thing isn't holding on, it's letting go.

It's letting go of the things that seem like the world to you at the moment. But the beauty i pine for is only an illusion. It will pass, and with that, true beauty is revealed in the most unsuspecting places.

2 comments:

Mandy said...

thank you for such a beautiful post. i cannot say enough how touched i am and how you seem to have spoke my mind about what im feeling. I hope you find peace soon dear. *hugs*

Steph said...

Thanks Mandy :)

I believe that i'm almost there! And i hope you're feeling the same way too. Time to let go :)