Thursday, May 16, 2013

Singapore - Mini getaway


I've always loved holidays. And ever since I started working, travelling doesn't seem too far fetched to me. 

My ultimate goal is not to buy a big house or luxurious car, it's to have sufficient money to travel and see all the beautiful sights the world has to offer. There's just too many places I would love to visit! Some of it would be Disneyland, Rome, London, New York City. 

Fortunately, my first step to travelling the world has started! Beginning with a trip to Singapore!

FOUR days undisturbed and work-free to fuel my inner traveler. 

Scroll down for a chronological post of Singapore through my eyes. ;)

I finally visited the Tin Tin shop :)

Chinatown








Truth be told, I was pretty blown away by the lego art. If you actually stopped to admire the art, you'll find such beauty in each sculpture. When you read the description for each sculpture, you'll make the connection. It's definitely something not to be missed. 


Gardens By the Bay


Gardens at the Bay light show

Marina Bay Sands Light Show
One of the highlights of my trip would HAVE to be S.E.A. Aquarium @ Resorts World Sentosa. I was pretty much sold the moment I read about the place.

World's largest aquarium?

I'm definitely going. ;)


Maritime Musuem



YES. I WAS THIS CLOSE TO A DOLPHIN.

Nemo & Dory!



A HUUUUUUGE aquarium


I was this close to sharks too!

Although I can't remember even 5 of the fishes name now, it was very educational. I really liked it! We spent almost 2 hours in that place. At the end of it, I could feel my feet giving in already.

But it's worth every penny spent! :D


Another hightlight!


I didn't get to take many pictures during the night safari because it was just too dark and I didn't want to frighten any animals with the flash. And I think we enjoy things better once we stop snapping pictures and just revel in what the world has to offer. :)

I personally felt like it was an 'educational' trip. heh. But I loved every bit of it!

I loved walking around Singapore, taking the MRT because that was our only form of transportation, trying out their food, walking in Bugis, meeting old and new friends and just being away from the hustle and bustle of KL.

Or maybe it's just the idea that I'm starting my journey - to see the world.


Cheers to more experiences!

No comments: