Monday, September 02, 2013

My climb.


Although i'm not one who would immediately sign up for marathons or agree to participate in some strenuous physical activity, I was quite excited about climbing Broga Hill. 

It been awhile since I've really exercised (I really miss college life. I used to be able to visit the gym often and have energy for two classes in a row at times.) GAHHHH. I need to find a way to get back on track. Slowly, but surely! 

I digress.

Anyways, after sleeping for about two hour that night (I remember waking up shivering. I didn't have a blanket, nor did I want to wake anyone up so I just grabbed my towel from the edge of my bed and slept off again). Us girls struggled getting out of bed...nothing new here. Hehe.

With only the help of my GPS and Augustine's memory, we managed to reach Broga in one piece. Mission accomplished! 

Upon arrival, I was quite pumped up actually. But after walking for awhile, I slowly started to get out of breath. As I continued, I started to doubt myself. All I wanted to do was stop.

"I can't do this."
" I'm not fit. I'll slow everyone else down." 

"How did I do this the last time? It's impossible!"

Just as I reached the first peak, I made up my mind. I was going to wait for everyone at the first or second peak because I don't think I could continue. Plus, I was very sure I was going to slow everyone else down. 

But these bunch of people refused to let me stop. They continued pushing me, stopping whenever I was too tired to go on, shouting words of encouragement, helping me through tough spots and just giving me the right kind of support. 

I am truly thankful. :)

After that, the climb didn't seem that bad. Albeit, the distance between the other peaks is nothing compared to the one to the first peak. In fact, I could even run at some parts (flat ground of course). 

Once I reached the top, I felt accomplished. Just awhile ago, I was about to give up. 

I guess this teaches me a big lesson. The easier choice is to give up, but if I did that, I wouldn't be able to climb on top huge boulders, hang from trees, look what nature has to offer from the top, marvel at HIS creation and spend some quality time with these bunch of people. 






Next round: Skytrex! :D 

No comments: