Saturday, September 04, 2010

Never easy.


Truth be told.

I wonder. =/

I guess in some way i can never truly fit in. I see people struggling to talk when they aren't so good with a certain language. I see them stumble, break down. But at the end of the day, it's all good.

We learn everything in english in college. We SPEAK english wherever we go. It's like the most basic language that connects everyone. And..

I CAN'T SPEAK CHINESE.

Isn't that freaking obvious to all of you?

People know this. Yet, i'll try to strike a conversation with them. It will last. But then they will conveniently go back to speaking chinese. Or a group is talking, nobody bothers to switch to English when i am there. It comes to the point where i can't really talk to anybody because they are so comfortable as they are.

It's not like i don't make the effort. I honestly do. But i've given up. Everyone can continue being themselves.


I'll survive fine myself.

No comments: